We continue the Biblia Hebraica Quinta with the publication of “Proverbs”, which is the 4th delivery of this pioneering standard reference. Alongside the original text in Hebrew, this volume offers a completely restructured critical apparatus and an extensive commentary section. The Biblia Hebraica Quinta (BHQ) is being edited to offer an extensive and pioneering new edition of the established Biblia Hebraica. The BHQ contains the Hebrew text from the Old Testament plus the small and the large Masorah according to the Codex Leningradensis – including a completely revised critical apparatus and a commentary section in English. The commentary section comprises introductions to the specific biblical books and also comments on the Masorah and on the critical apparatus.
The Proverbs-volume is the 4th delivery of the BHQ and part 17 of the complete edition. Already published volumes are Megilloth, Ezra-Nehemiah, and Deuteronomy. Further deliveries are being prepared. They are being compiled and edited by an international and interdenominational team of scholars. The complete version of the BHQ is planned to be available until 2020.
- Biblical scholars
- Students of Theology
- Ministers and priests
- Classical scholars
- The entirely new, globally prevailing edition of the Biblia Hebraica
- The pioneering standard reference for biblical studies
- Codex Leningradensis as textual basis
- With an extansive commentary section and a critical apparatus in English
- With the large Masorah, which up to now only was available in a separate volume